Monday, February 20, 2012

TAROT JOURNAL

A week ago I decided to  revive a Spiritual Practice of pulling one  card from my Gaian Tarot daily then journaling about what the card/message is telling me about, for that day.It's an amazing oracle/guide!

Every day, the message I receive is so on target.  I like to start my day this way. With coffee, out on the patio (I am in the Southwest) -- I have a colorful notebook I picked up at Ross a long time ago.. and I write. Sometimes a few sentences, sometimes a few pages!

First,I write what I believe the card is saying to me ..then I open my guidebook and read the "meaning" in the book..which always adds even more.

You can use any deck for this but I am in Love with Gaian Tarot.

Daily meditation and prayer round out  a practice which can center you, calm you, and inspire you.I meditate for 20-30 minutes daily but you can start with 10 . You could also just sit quietly and do some deep in and out breathing for your meditation--Maybe 10 breath cycles.

I say a morning prayer every day too--sometimes it is one I made up, sometimes a prayer from the faith of my youth which I have memorized. I  love the prayer of St. Francis, also.

Spiritual Practice and the Tarot put me in touch with "Source" each morning.

As I fall asleep I try to also just "BLESS the day, and everyone who was in it." Amen!

If your practices have fallen by the way side, try giving just a few moments in the morning to this connection and see how it changes your day!

I'd love to hear about it!

Peaceful Blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment